To quote top Exxon officials: “There is no gas shortage, There never was a gas shortage, and from what we know now, there never will be a gas shortage!”
This planet and many others manufacture oil by some process we don’t yet understand. There are more oil reserves now than ever before and consumption has more than doubled since 1973.
And in 1973 many many huge tankers full of crude oil stayed off shore of New England until they were declared “New Oil” and could be sold for $30 a barrel instead of $3 a barrel. Oil company officials were running all around the state of Connecticut, looking for closed gas stations, any place they could find to hide as much gasoline as possible so they could free up their tankers to go get more. Gasoline trucks were meeting drivers in New York State (the Ithaca area) in the middle of the night to fill their gas tanks so they could deliver whatever they were delivering. The above two examples are just what I am personally aware of.
The following Gas Prices were reported in 2010 (?) and were designed to reflect the prices in the Arnprior, Ontario area (Just West of the Ottawa City Limits) If things get loopy where we have reporters now, we’ll post the crazy new prices above this note.
As of February, (Monday, the 7th) Most stations have crept up to 113.9¢ per liter. MacEwan on Madawaska Blvd is at 114.9. Kanata prices keep trying to inch higher (116.x) then fall back (115.x? 114.x?) depending on their competition.
From my perspective, where I believe it’s all b.s. and the prices should be something like 25¢ per liter, I’m not amused. As a matter of fact, more and more manipulation by corporations and what looks like partnerships/complicity by all levels of government (who might just be duped, like most of us…) has me wondering why we put up with their bull chips.
Midnight, Monday, September 13th/ Tuesday, September 14th, 2010:
- Esso and Canadian Tire have raised their price to 99.9
- MacEwen Full Serve with Ethanol is still at 99.9
- Petro Canada @ Macs and Ultramar on Madawaska Blvd are still at 97.9
Thursday, September 9, 2010:
- MacEwen Full Service with Ethanol is charging 99.9 ¢ per liter for their least expensive stuff (including the Ethanol).
- Everybody else with a posted price is charging 97.9 ¢ per liter.
Friday, September 10th, 2010: Prices in Kanata went up to 101.0 per liter.
-Don’t know if anything is a trend or if this is just orchestrated random nonsense.
As of Thursday Morning, 29 April, 2010, 7 am:
After at least two stations (Ultramar and Mr Gas) tried to raise their price to over 98 ¢ per litre, prices have rolled back to 96.3¢ at most stations with MacEwen (+ethanol) at 97.5¢ and Petro Canada at 96.5¢ per litre.
I haven’t driven the extra half a kilometer to check out the Stinson station with the car wash (which is usually the most expensive in town) or the extra 6 kilometers ((3 each way)) to the other side of the highway to see how the Stinson station there and the Ultramar at the truck stop are doing.)
Tuesday, 23 March, 2010:
MacEwen (W/ethanol) 96.9¢ per liter.
- Petro Canada: 96.5¢ per liter
- Most others (Mr Gas, Canadian Tire, Ultramar) 96.3¢ per liter.
(Down from 98.x¢ last week.)
Tuesday, 09 February, 2010:
- Stinson (Car Wash, Madawaska Blvd) 97.5 ¢ per litre.
- MacEwen (Ethanol, Madawaska Blvd) 98.9 ¢
- Petro Canada: 98.7
- Mr Gas: 98.7
- Canadian Tire: 97.5
& that’s all I saw tonight.
Wednesday, 24 February, 2010:
- McEwen (+Ethanol) 97.2 (noticed at midnight)
- Stinson (+ car wash) 97.5 (noticed at 11:00 am)
Self Serve: (11:00 am)
- Petro Canada / Macs/Beckers (Daniel St) : 94.7
- Mr Gas (Daniel St) : 94.5
- Canadian Tire (Daniel St) : 96.7
- Ultramar (Madawaska Blvd) : 93.5
Didn’t check south side of the highway construction (417)
Tuesday, 23 February, 2010; Midnight (00:00-ish am) :
- Stinson (+Car Wash) Madawaska Blvd : 93.5
- McEwen (+ Ethanol) Madawaska Blvd : 94.9
- Ultramar (Madawaska Blvd) : 93.5
- Canadian Tire (Daniel Street) : 94.5
- Mr Gas (Daniel Street): 94.5
- Petro Canada / Beckers / Macs (Daniel St.) 94.7
(Didn’t go South of construction of the 417 to see what the prices were there.)
Monday, 22 February, 2010: 11:11 AM:
Changes as of Saturday, 20 February, 2010: Evening (7:30 pm?)
- Canadian Tire Daniel Street: 91.7 (dropped back from 95.9)
- Full Servc: McEwen : 94.9
Kanata: Shell and Canadian Tire : 96.0 per liter.
Thursday, 18 February, 2010; Noon:
A couple changes after a fairly stable couple of weeks:
- Stinson (+ Car Wash, Madawaska Blvd, near PJ’s) 93.5 / litre
- McEwen (+ ethanol, Madawaska Blvd) 92.9
- Ultramar (Madawaska Blvd) 91.7
- Canadian Tire (Daniel Street) 95.9
- Petro Canada (Beckers/Macs, Daniel St) 91.9
- Mr Gas (Daniel Street) 91.7
(Didn’t get south of the highway to check there.
If Canadian Tire price went up, others will most likely follow before tomorrow.)
Tuesday, 09 Febreuary, 2010: 9:00 am
Only Change since Sunday:
- Full Serve: MacEwen, Madawaska Blvd (* has ethanal) 91.9/liter
Sunday, 07 February, 2010: (10 a.m.-ish)
Full Serve: MacEwen’s Madawaska Blvd: 93.9 per litre
- Canadian Tire: 91.7 / litre
- Mr Gas: 91.7 / litre
- Becker’s / Mac’s : 91.9 /litr
- Ultramar (Madawaska Blvd) Says 91.7 one side of sign; 93.7 other side
South of hwy 17:
- Stinson: 93.x
- Ultramar (truck stop) 93.x
(sorry I missed the mills on a couple of these)